Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chapter Six. Tumultuatio. (Confusion.)

Frost and Enalia shot up out of their deep slumber as their door was swung open quite suddenly. The french style doors banged off the walls and echoed a loud noise throughout the room. Herona was standing there, tears running down her rosy cheeks, her hair and clothes telling them she had just gotten out of bed. She was breathing heavily and Enalia looked curiously at her husband. "Ona.. what's wrong?" Frost finally said, moving out of the bed to her side. "You..." Herona started to say, her voice raspy from crying. She was now looking at Enalia, ignoring the fact that Farberost was standing a few inches away. "You... brought him...how..?" She gasped out, exasperated from crying. Now it was Enalia's turn to look at her sister strangely. "Ona?" She was just as confused as her husband had to be at this point until a tall figure appeared around the corner. Aleron stood there to their complete shock, with a solemn look on his face. Frost and Enalia wrapped themselves in robes as quickly as possible and headed to the bibliotheca, where they told Ona and Aleron to meet them.

The two stood as Enalia and Farberost entered, Ona and Aleron looking quite grave. "I have been expecting you two for quite some time." Aleron was the first to speak. This put a look of confusion on all of their faces. "You see.. when you arrived at Regnum Mortuom -" Frost interrupted Aleron by holding up his hand and a look of dismay lingering on his face. "So you were expecting us to come to Regnum Mortuom?" Aleron nodded and continued despite his brothers protests. "You see.. you two have a power together. Far stronger than one I have seen in a long time, brother." Aleron paused, collecting his thoughts. Both Lia and Frost looked at each other, then back at Aleron. Herona sat quietly next to Ale, listening intently. "Our father forbid me to leave Regnum Mortuom, as I could never return once I left. I had turned away from him and secluded myself into the dark room you had found me in." All nodded in response, waiting for him to continue, but still very confounded. "He had forbidden me to contact either of you and refused to do it himself. So I waited very patiently until you finally came to me. All I needed was to capture some of your power, your very essence in a sense, to use it to free myself from Regnum Mortuom." Now everyone's mouth hung agape as they stared blankly at Aleron. "So you're saying..." Enalia began, but Aleron reached out and held her hands in him. "I'm saying, you freed me. Both of you." His eyes shot between Frost and Enalia. "By visting me, by embracing me with Frost nearby, I was able to bind a spell that is very powerful. Powerful enough to release me from death. But Regnum Mortuom is not death completely, though. We are given this realm for a very serious reason. A reason that is not passed down or shared, but learned from the studies inside the realm itself. Studies that are dangerous, but useful in a time of need." Before Aleron could continue any further, Roland had appeared in the doorway. His face drained of all color as he looked from Aleron to Herona to Enalia and Farberost, then back to Aleron. "I.. I am deeply sorry for.. my intrusion. We have just gotten word Helron will reach Isuli by nightfall." The look on the four's faces said it all and Roland quickly departed after sending more befuddled glances Aleron's way. 

Frost ran his fingers through his hair and rubbed his palms against his forehead, attempting to relieve any stress. Enalia paced around the bibliothica rubbing at her temples while Herona was now mounting a horse to travel back to Isuli. "This.. this all is happening too fast." Lia sighed with besetment. Frost made his way to his wife and rubbed at her shoulders in a calming manner. "We will get through this." He said reassuringly, squeezing the muscles in her biceps and gazing at her lovingly. She smiled weakly and fell into his chest, sighing again.

Aleron had extended his thanks to the High Court for meeting with him on such short notice. Roland who was the head of the High Court, simply looked bemused. He was happy to see Aleron, but at the same time was very weary to hear just exactly what had happened that made it so Aleron stood in front of him now. "You may all very well know, I had died some time ago." Most of the High Court nodded, some were lost in thought and it was very easy to read on their faces, others sat there listening closely, just as edgy as Roland was. "I was instructed by your king and queen to relay a message to you, though. I am back by their doing and also mine, so please do not worry." Ale's eyes grazed the faces of the nine that made up the High Court and Nemphus that had decided to join mid sentence. "You also know of the relationship between Livish and I." Everyone's faces went pale at that, even Aleron's. "I will be instructing you on what to expect from him, even the unexpected. You all will relay that to the defenders of this great kingdom." The High Court nodded in agreement. "We will convene in a few minutes at the bibliotheca." Alerona finished and headed out of the room, leaving the High Court to discuss among themselves while Nemphus caught up with Ale just as the door closed behind them to the now chattering room.

No comments:

Post a Comment